To my Only

Dearest boy,

You turned two today. And mommy is having a hard time because this is your last birthday as my baby, as my only little one. This time next year, you'll be my oldest. You'll be my helper big brother. And you're gonna be so great at it.

You've changed your daddy and I so much since the day you were born. We are not the same people we were on this day two years ago. In fact, you changed us the day we first learned about you. You've challenged me in ways I've never been challenged before. You've tested my patience. You've snuggled with me harder than I've ever been snuggled. You've shown me the purest of love. My favorite thing is reuniting with you at the end of the work day. You always have a smile, a giant hug, and a squeal "Mama!" I want to live in this time forever.

I hope you catch a glimpse of how important you are to us today.

Love you.




Comments

  1. Beautifully said, Destiny. Hug him. Kiss him with big old slobbery kisses that embarrass him to no end. Even when he's graduating from college. Because someday he will be introducing you to HIS son and you will be shocked and overwhelmed by love yet again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts