Here's to Tomorrow, Dearest Boy

My dearest boy,

You turn three tomorrow. It hit me just a few days ago, amongst the busyness of October, that November marks the beginning of a new year for you. This is the third time that I've felt this feeling and I'm still surprised by it at each birthday. Where did the year go? Why is it that what seems like over the course of a few days, you went from being an uncoordinated little toddler to a preschooler who speaks in full sentences and knows his shapes and colors? It feels like you're so different now than you were this time last year.

This past year had a lot of new changes. You became a big brother for the first time. You transitioned so well to sharing Mommy's lap with another little one. You learned how to play quietly while baby napped. You gave up some Mama snuggles at bedtime so baby could have them. I'm so proud of the big brother you're becoming. You love your little brother so well.

Three will be a big year for you too. You're not really a baby anymore, are you? No, you've turned into a confident and playful little boy. Maybe it's because I'm your Mama, but I feel like when I look at your now, when I really take time to memorize your face and your body language, I feel like I can see tiny glimpses of what you'll look like when you're 5 and we're preparing for Kindergarten. And then I try to remember what you felt like as a baby, snuggled up against me as I rocked you to sleep, or holding onto my fingers as your learned how to walk.

Sweet baby, please don't grow up too fast. I don't think my Mama heart can take it. 


I hope you know that Mama loves you. I hope you never question that no matter how many birthdays you have. You were the greatest surprise I ever received.

So here's to tomorrow, my dearest love. Tonight I'll hold you a little longer while I still have my 2 year old to hold.



All my love,
Mama

Comments


  1. Your Name
    123 Your Street
    Your City, ST 12345
    123.456.7890
    no
    _reply@example.com

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ac interdum nisi. Sed in consequat mi. Sed pulvinar lacinia felis eu finibus.

    Company Name / Job Title
    MONTH 20XX - PRESENT, LOCATION
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ac interdum nisi. Sed in consequat mi. Sed in consequat mi, sed pulvinar lacinia felis eu finibus.
    Company Name / Job Title
    MONTH 20XX - MONTH 20XX, LOCATION
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ac interdum nisi. Sed in consequat mi.
    Company Name / Job Title
    MONTH 20XX - MONTH 20XX, LOCATION
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ac interdum nisi. Sed in consequat mi. Sed pulvinar lacinia felis eu finibus.

    School Name / Degree
    MONTH 20XX - MONTH 20XX, LOCATION
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore.
    School Name / Degree
    MONTH 20XX - MONTH 20XX, LOCATION
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore.

    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Aenean ac interdum nisi. Sed in consequat mi. Sed pulvinar lacinia felis eu finibus.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts