My First Fix




Not too long ago, a friend was mentioning a new subscription box service that she signed up for called Stitch Fix. Every so often, they send you clothes based on your style profile that you've set up. You pay for what you like and you send the rest back, free of charge. It seemed like a super easy and fun way to get clothes that fit without having to go shopping with a wiggly toddler, so I signed myself up!  I opted for the least expensive price ranges and chose to have a box sent every season, so once every 3 months.

This box came with bunch of clothes that were so much my style that I already owned items similar to 3 pieces. There was a classic jersey dress, an emerald green button blouse, and what I like to call a "cat lady sweater." Then there were these ankle length boyfriend jeans. I was instantly thinking, "NOPE. Jeans are insanely difficult to fit and boyfriend jeans have never looked right on my body." Oh, how things have changed.

My new jeans and my favorite toddler.

Confession time, guys. More than half of the wardrobe that I use regularly right now is from college... I know. What kind of a working professional/mom wears clothes that college students wear?! Well, I got pregnant just two months after graduation. The "grown up" clothes that I was wearing after college and when I first started my job were all maternity clothes. Then after Zac was born, we were super tight financially and what clothes I did buy, I bought to fit my recently postpartum body. Everything was loose fitting and stretchy and not the best for this current body. And let's be realistic for a second, no matter how much you want to or try to, you CANNOT survive on Target v-necks and jeans from 5 years ago forever. So I'm gonna start using my monthly "fun money" on some classic clothing items that will keep me feeling like a 25-year-old teacher/mom/millennial.

Lately, I've been thinking back to who I was before Zachary, what my hobbies were, how I chose to spend my free time (which I had a lot more of) and I realized that shopping and style used to be on that list. Granted, it was a little bit more about materialism then than it is now, but it was always about self worth and self care. When I started keeping up with all these other responsibilities, "me time" started to slip farther and farther down the priority list. It's so easy to forget to do things for yourself when life seems to never slow down. Maybe it's time to move it back up on that list.

So I'm keeping the jeans. Hopefully, having some clothes that fit me now that aren't just t-shirts and lounge wear will help me feel a little more purposeful.

https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/6259325

Comments

Popular Posts